Friday, August 8, 2008

You may be thinking--how did that Sat. swim go?

Let's start by saying my Birthday dinner was fun! My birthday was toward the end of June, but my girlfriends were on vacation during the last of June into July. We wanted everyone to be able to come, so we found a date that worked for everyone. That was last Thursday night. My friend Katherine has a huge, beautiful, new home and we all wanted to see it, so she cooked my birthday dinner & Stanage brought some yummy wine. The home is exactly what I expected. It's fabulous! And the outdoor living space is awesome!! She promised, with a little push from other friends to invite us over for a Panther's football game this fall!
We had a great evening. Thank you Katherine for sharing your home and cooking dinner. And thank you girlfriends for a fun evening!!

Saturday was the dreaded swim. I saw my IronWOman friend Ashley. She gave some words of encourgement and was happy I showed up again. I did finish the 750m swim. And no, it wasn't as bad as the first time. It was scary doing it by myself. I had a lifeguard put me back on course once. (I was swimming toward the trees--lol). But I got through it. I didn't like it, but I finished it. Afterwards, I cycled & walked the TRI course with some friends. I'm going back on the 16th for one more open water swim practice before the event on the 23rd.

Saturday afternoon Ron and I went to the movies to see Batman. We both liked it, but both thought it was a bit too long!

Sunday afternoon was spent cycling with my BEE Team buddies.

All in all, a pretty good weekend!

No comments: