Sunday, August 10, 2008

Family weekend

Friday night Ron and I had dinner with a couple(Mitch & Leslie) from the "BEE team"(cycling group). Leslie has a big heart. She is a mentor for TRITFORLIFE, which is a training group for the Ramblin' Rose. Ramblin Rose is a TRI event for women beginners. She also leads the beginner cyclist for the Bee Team. She's always willing to help in anyway she can. Mitch and I cycle in the same pace group on Sunday afternoons. After cycling we sometimes enjoy cold watermelon after the ride, or if folks are hungry for a bite to eat. And sometimes we all choose to head home.
Not sure what's on the agenda for today's ride.

Saturday we celebrated my mom's birthday at her house. Mike(my brother) & my sister-in-law, Teresa came. All the grandkids were busy, with the exception of Brittany and her boyfriend Drew came. It was a nice night with the family.

Sunday lunch was spent with Ron's parents. Ug,,,I had to much for lunch! The typical southern meal: chicken & dumplins, fried okra(my favorite), green beans, corn, slaw, 2 pies to choose from(apple & choc.) --- YUMMY. I really do need to cycle this afternoon!!! The tough part is pulling Ron away from a golf match on TV, so he'll go with me!

I'm also itching for another trip somewhere. I'm ready for some vacation time. I haven't been off since the Italy trip, so it's time to do something about that!
WHEW~ Airfare is so expensive, especially with one income right now. It's a shame to take vacation and stay at home, but that's an option. I sure have plenty I can do around here!

No comments: