Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Community Contribution




I mentioned in an earlier post I was also busy with extra work events along with my REAL job. I was task with coordinating a Community work event for my "skip manager". (my manager's manager)

I found a Habitat for Humanity home that we all participated in working at the site last Friday, Aug. 22. I scheduled the event, ordered t-shirts for everyone, shopped for snacks & drinks, provided lunch. It came off without a hitch. So I said to myself, "whew, that's my turn for a while." Nope, I've been ask to coordinate all of the events going forward since I done such a swell job. Oh well. The good thing is that I don't actually have to do everything, just make sure someone else does.

Here'a a couple of pics. One, I'm kinda making fun of my manager while he's talking with his hands on his hips. I have no idea what he's talking about. The other I'm attempting to lift a 40 pound bag of shingles! Actually, I didn't do much work. I spent all my time with the camera in my hand. Besides, it was the day before my Lake TRI. I already told everyone I was going to be the Supervisor!!! haha

No comments: