Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Porsche Parade : Charlotte






Well. Porsche took over Charlotte for July 4th with their annual Porsche Parade. This event goes from city to city and being the car enthusist that I am, I had to go out and take a look. I fell in love with the 930 Carrera GT ( sorry Dick, if I misstated, but not up on all of these models ). There was two ; one gray and one orange that I took too many pictures of, but what do you do.
Loved the Orange one to the left. WOW.
Anyway, I have attached some of the pictures. There were a few Porsche celebrities signing autographs, but I did not know who they were. Probably either Racers or Designers. I was kinda in a restricted area, so did not try to find out. Basically, I was suppose to have a Porsche Club of America badge to be down at the event, so I kinda slid in on the coat tails of a mother and daughter. Guess they thought I was the dad. Got in, so who cares. BTW, I did find a nice poster that I will be sending out to Dick to return the favor for shipping us the Montespertoli wine posters. Glad Pam was not there, as this stuff interest her about as much as ceramics interest me :). Angie,,,share the pics with Dick, as he probably has more interest here.

Anyway,,,enjoy.

No comments: