Sunday, June 29, 2008

Nice quite weekend -- Just what I wanted~

This has been the most relaxing weekend since returning from Italy! We've been so busy since we've returned from Italy, so we ordered up a nice quiet weekend for ourselves.
Ron trimmed most of the bushes in the front on Saturday morning, while I met two of my running buddies Jay & Mike and we ran a 10mi loop uptown. It was Jay's birthday so he gave himself a gift and cut his run by 3miles! (good for him) On my way home, I stopped in for my weekly Pilates session, then home. It was so humid this morning, so when I got home from running/Pilates it was time for some lunch & a nap. Ron was also tired, so we both took a nap. I have to admit, that's my Saturday morning routine when I run or cycle long. (lunch, What Not to Wear, & a nap!)

Saturday we took the Vette out for the afternoon. We finally took our lamps we bought in Italy to a lamp shop to fit them with shades. Of course nothing works as planned. We had to leave them to get gadgets added to them so that we can have a broader range of shades to choose from. That'll take a couple of weeks.....
Then we decided to go somewhere cool, so we hit the movies. We saw "Get Smart". It had some very funny parts, but I can't recommend it. Maybe a rental......

Sunday morning we decided to go for a group cycling ride. We arrived at the bike shop at 7:50am and ready to go. For some reason we was thinking the ride starts at 8am. Now why would we think that!??? We have did this ride multiple times. So may times I know the route. Ron and I both looked at each other and said: It starts at 9am, not 8. So we go back home, chill awhile, then head back. At 8:55am 4 tough cyclist were there, not to worry, folks usually show up last minute....we waited.....9:01am the same tough cyclist are hanging around. Ron and I decide this won't work!!! We're not going to try and keep up with those guys!!! Usually there are 15+ cyclist there of all types of average speeds. So what did we do? We went to the grocery store!!
We're going to try it again this afternoon at 5pm with a different group. We have never rode with this group, but I found them on the Internet and decided we would give it a shot. I think they'll be more our speed. The group is called "The B team". Meaning they are not a group of "A" Fast riders!!! Stay tuned.........

I did spend some time this week planning another trip....In October a group of us (myself, Gina, Melinda(possibly), Mike, Jay are flying to Balitmore to run. All of us except Mike are planning to run the Balimore Half Marathon. Mike, on the other hand is doing the full marathon. He plans to join the 50 State Marathon Team and complete a marathon in each state. Maui here we come~!!!! :-)

No comments: