Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Y2Y Cycle Ride





On Saturday, July 12th, Pam, Jerry Kelley and I rode in the Y2Y cycle ride. There were two routes : 31 miles and 62 miles. I took the 31mile route and was done in about 1 1/2 hours and Pam and Jerry did the 62 miles that took them 3 1/2 hours. In this North Carolina heat and humidity, I liked my option best. I finished the ride, went home took a shower, watched the end of one of the Tour de France stages and ate a bite, before Pam even called and said they were on their last 10 miles. :)

You will see pictures of Pam and Jerry, as my bike had been retired to the garage for well over 2 hours. So no bike pictures for me.

For those that don't know Jerry, he will be at the Cooper River Bridge Run in 2009. He is a carbon copy of Sally regarding all that high energy and also as Sally, a complete 'nut'. Lots of fun to be around and always makes me laugh. Check out his expression in his photo. I had just rode up beside him in our Jeep and shouted " Can't you people, GET OFF THE ROAD". You can see that he was thinking of 'something to say', but laughed when he saw it was me.

As usual, Pam ' the animal', did well with her ride and she has impressed the new bike club we are now riding with. She swam & rode 20-25miles on Sunday, while I played golf! She tends to end up with the sprinter guys and holds her own. Though she is a bit modest about it. I know I won't say ' On your left' to her anymore. Got my doors blown off with that comment and nearly had a heart attack ( HR monitor beeping and showing 120% ) trying to play catch up.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Love the photos...you guys rock!!!