Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sleeping, Running, Pilates, Martinis, Cycling, Football Weekend


I finally gave up. I've had problems sleeping off/on for the last 3 years. A couple of weeks ago I went about 8 nights of restless sleep. I'm not saying I didn't sleep at all, but it wasn't a sound constant sleep. Enough! So I saw my Neurologist I saw a couple of years ago when I got pretty sick, because they have a sleep center. He wanted to do a sleep study to make sure I had no sleep issues. If nothing is found, then he would give me sleeping pills for when I needed them. (Yeah, right, like I'm going to take them.) He said if I took sleeping pills and had sleep apnea then it could/would make it worse, so first he wanted to make sure everything was good.
A very interesting night. They could tell when I did anything. Blink, move my eyes any direction, breathe through my mouth or nose, snore, heart rate, blood pressure, if I moved my legs, etc. Stay tuned for the results.

Saturday was a usual day of running & Pilates. Saturday night Ron and I decided to spend a quite evening at home and play with making martinis. That was fun! We tried about 4 different kinds and settled on our favorite. A lot cheaper than going out and sampling them in restaurants~ Plus we didn't have to worry about driving home.

Sunday was a beautiful cool sunny day, so it was time to get the ol' bike out and cycle with the Bee team. I haven't been on a bike ride in a couple of months due to the cold. They are die hard cyclist, but I won't get out there unless it's over 50 degrees!

Now, it's Super Bowl time. I'm pulling for the underdogs and mostly watching the commericals.


2 comments:

Sally said...

Hey honey!! When is your sleep study? Listen.. Ambien is the best stuff known to modern woman!!
I wish I had a prescription!
It worked wonders on the Italy trip!

Sally said...

also... what was your favorite martini??? I love Pomegranate!!