Sunday, September 7, 2008

"Dash for Divas" Sprint TRI












TRI weekend : We thought Hurricane/Tropical Storm Hanna, who stop us from doing the TRI this weekend at White Lake, which is about 2 1/2 -3 hours East. The race officials changed the race from Saturday to Sunday in hopes it would continue. So we headed down Saturday after lunch, instead of Friday morning. The weather was great! The water was perfect temp, but a bit warmer than I like it at the start. This TRI was a smaller "beginners TRI" race than that Lake Norman TRI that I completed a couple of weeks ago. It was nice being there with all girls and attempting the same goal. A lot of encouraging words from girls. Again, I struggled with the swim, which was less than 1/2 the length of the Lake Norman, but again I got through it! They had a "Luau" Saturday night and played the Kona IRONMAN on a big screen. I must say, that was the saddest event for a luau, I've ever seen in my life! It was pitiful!! But watching the Ironman was inspirational. Here's a few of girls from the "TRIITFORLIFE" group. A couple I just met this weekend!

While I was doing my thing, Ron was doing his :-) He went to some "Auto Fair" at Charlotte Motor speedway. I'm sure he had fun as well. As Forrest Gump would say, "that's all I'm going to say about that". :-)
Off to my weekly Sunday afternoon cycle ride!

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Wow...you go girl!

Sally said...

You are so awesome!! Looks like you had a great time! Wish I was there too!
Sal